The modern day patient has become more aware of their health responsibilities and realise that they cannot rely entirely on the struggling NHS for all their medical requirements.
There may be occasions when the patient would like to hurry an investigation along to either confirm a diagnosis or merely for peace of mind. When this involves an MRI scan, the Worcestershire Imaging Centre (Droitwich MRI) can now offer a unique and personal self-referral service to members of the general public. This is available as soon as we have an appointment and provided the following online questionnaire is understood and agreed to.
There are certain criteria which may however prevent a patient having a self-referral scan:-
- A person less than 18 years of age
- Monitoring the progress of a malignancy
- The area must be one which we routinely scan
- The online questionnaire must be completed in full and submitted by clicking on the ‘submit’ button.
The scan will be reported by an experienced radiologist and the report forwarded to your GP or medical practitioner, usually within three days. So it is essential that we are aware of their contact details.
In the event of an unexpected finding, this may need further investigation which would be done following a consultation with your GP.
- You will be given a CD of your MRI scan to take home with you.
- A relative may accompany you provided they are over 16 years of age.
- Neither the Radiographer nor the reporting Radiologist can discuss your scan results which could include confusing medical terminology. This can only be done with your GP, who would, if necessary, make contact with the reporting Radiologist.
The Worcestershire Imaging Centre (Droitwich MRI) is proud of its record of 18 years of prioritising patient care and high quality imaging using MRI scans which are free from any radiation and, as far as we know, are completely safe.
Your appointment must be confirmed 48 hours before the scan.
Should you cancel your appointment less than 48 hours pre-scan, the charge of £250 will be levied.
If you would like to proceed with a self-referral, please complete the form below.